Psalm 73:25-26 (NLT)
Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.
Psalm 42:1 (NLT)
As the deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God.
Psalm 63:1 (NLT)
O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
Isaiah 26:9 (NLT)
All night long I search for you;
in the morning I earnestly seek for God.
For only when you come to judge the earth
will people learn what is right.
GOD speaks directly to our hearts. If we take the time to listen. During a time dedicated to this, I read this collection of Scriptures (my apologies for the length but it will all make sense shortly. Hopefully.) As I scribbled notes down about these thoughts being planted here, I wrote, “My very survival is related to my desire for GOD (action words of desperation).” I then proceeded to underline the following verbs from the passages. Action verbs. Verbs of passion. Verbs of…desire.
Reread the passages yourself if necessary. Focus on the verbs…
Pants…
Thirsts…
Seek…
Faints…
Yearns…
These aren’t the words of a casual, comfortable believer. These are words which scream, “GOD, I desire you, I want you, I long for you! More than anything in this life! More and more of you!”
May this be our plea today.