Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NLT)
Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.
Are you waiting for something to kick-start you into a relationship with God?
Are you waiting on a bad habit to subside? Are you waiting to see how a relationship is going to work out? There are a million different things that we are apt to put our lives on hold for. Something to remember is that we are never standing still in the same place in our relationship with God. We are either moving towards Him or away from Him. When we think we’re standing still waiting on the conditions to change, we are actually moving away from God and possibly not even realizing it.
I’ve found this to be true in my own walk with the Lord. At times, I’ve put off reading my Bible because I had yet to purchase the particular Bible I had my eye on. I’ve put off prayer because the “feng shui” (“fung shway” for us Southern types!) was a little bit off in the area of the house that I was set on praying in. I know these things sound silly but we go through them every day. I’ve put off lovingly confronting a friend about a sin in their life because I knew there was unresolved sin in my life. Instead of resolving the sin in my life with God and confronting my friend, I did nothing. This led to both of us being trapped where as we might have been set free had I taken the first step in resolving my own sin.
Solomon tells us in the scripture above that life’s conditions will never be perfect. I want to encourage you today to take the steps you know that God is leading you to take.
I heard a pastor say during a sermon one day, “Life is too short and Hell is too hot to wait around!”
Don’t wait for perfect weather.
Make your move!