Monday, March 17, 2014

Jesus Christ (Part 2 of 2): Dying for His Joy

John 15:11 (NLT)

I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

John 17:13 (NLT)

Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy.

Matthew 25:23 (NLT)

“The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’

“Jesus died not only for us but for his own everlasting joy.”

What thoughts come to your mind after a statement like that?

You may think I’m blasphemous. You may argue me down. You may relate that Jesus was perfect and without sin and didn’t have to die for himself. You may declare me a instigator unleashing fodder for a Facebook drama.

Whatever your thoughts, this remains: GOD sent Jesus with a mission- to reconcile us to GOD. Had Jesus not been obedient to that calling, you and I would already be as good as dead. Facing the wrath of GOD for our willful sin. But Jesus, who is rich in mercy, lived a selfless obedient life and died a selfless obedient death. In doing so, in shedding his blood as a redeeming offering and obediently dying on that cross, he insured not only salvation and joy for us…but for himself as well. From the beginning, his joy has always been us. The restoration of that intimate relationship brings him more than joy that it even brings us. Imagine what joy an eternity together will bring.

When times get tough today, remember how valuable you are to GOD. You are his joy!