Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Crazy Love Sessions, Volume 9: Before The Throne

During the course of penning these LifeTogether devotions, I've encountered bouts of writer’s block. None more so than when I read these chapters and vainly attempt to describe GOD. Despite writing these devotions for two years now, I haven’t even scratched the surface of explaining him or worshiping him or singing his praises. Feels anticlimactic to even try.

So with that being said, read these two chapters:

Revelation 4

Isaiah 6

And worship our GOD.

Before doing so, ponder what Francis Chan writes in closing this section:

“Both of these descriptions serve a purpose. John helps us imagine what the throne room of GOD looks like, while Isaiah’s reminds us what our only response to such a GOD should be. May Isaiah’s cry become our own. Woe is me…we are a people of unclean lips.”

Author’s Note: for more on this topic, read pages 34-37 of Crazy Love by Francis Chan and Danae Yankoski