Ephesians 1:18 (NLT)
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
In what is a brief, but poignant section of the book, Francis Chan candidly observes:
“The irony is that while GOD doesn't need us, we desperately need GOD but don’t really want him most of the time. He treasures us and anticipates our departure from this earth to be with Him- and we wonder, indifferently, how much we can do for him and still get by.”
This stuff seems to somehow become routine. So take a moment to reread that phrase and reflect on it.
(I know you didn’t reread it. Seriously, reread and reflect)
Maybe I can even make it plainer. In the Refugeese language:
“GOD want us but doesn't need us.
We need GOD but don’t want him.
He gives lavishly.
We give enough to get by.”
Something is bad wrong with us. Pray today that GOD adjusts our vision.
Author’s Note: for more on this topic, read pages 57-60 of Crazy Love by Francis Chan and Danae Yankoski