James 2:26 (NLT)
Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.
Is your faith visible? Can people see your faith when they look at you? Obviously, you can’t wear it like a jacket but is your life producing the fruit that shows the world around you that you belong to Christ? If it isn’t, would it be fair to say that maybe you don’t?
Believe me, I’m all for encouragement and positive energy but at some point, we have to put down the baby bottle, look at ourselves in the mirror, and ask ourselves the tough questions that are going to help us grow.
Questions like:
Do I really believe that my sins have been forgiven?
Does my family know, by the way I treat them, that I love Christ?
Does my giving reflect my love for Christ?
Does my life prove that my faith in Christ is real?
I heard someone explain it this way: If a detective was hired to follow you around to prove, in a court of law, that you are, in fact, a follower of Jesus Christ, would this detective find enough evidence to convict you?
My prayer is that you would be found guilty.
Would you?