This week, we discussed preparing our hearts for the Good New of Jesus, seeing people (including ourselves) as Jesus sees them, Jesus facing the same temptations and struggles as us, following Christ without looking back, and practicing what we preach. With that in mind, reflect and meditate on the following questions and write your responses.
1. How have I prepared my heart to receive Christ and those things He would have for me?
2. Do I see people the way Jesus sees people, with unconditional love and compassion? Do I see MYSELF the way Jesus sees me, with love and grace?
3. How does it make you feel that Jesus went through dark and depressing times also? Does his going through and conquering human struggles give you hope that through Him, you can do it as well?
4. Have you heard (or are you hearing now) Jesus say, “Follow me.” How have you responded? If you have not, will you now?
5. Do you practice what you preach? Are you a light to those around you to the point where they gravitate toward you? Or would they see you as a lukewarm hypocrite?