Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fly in the Ointment

James 1:2-4 (NLT)

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

 

Sit in my room alone / not much but I call it home


No reason to care any more / forgot what I’m fighting for


Feel like a nobody / in a world full of some bodies


Body numb in this drunken state / do I deserve this miserable fate


Free me of this pain and sorrow / I can have a brighter tomorrow



I hate myself


When I let you down


Lift me up


Off the ground



This writing seems so meaningless / still somehow drawn to its nothingness


Thoughts deceive their lonely thinker / and the heart eludes its seeker


Draw the line at apathy / don’t need your sympathy


Overhead I see the flies / creatures of death I despise


This wasteland is so vast / this word will be my last



I hate myself


When I let you down


Lift me up


Off the ground



Suffer through this


Live through this


Life.



Daily Question: How can you relate to the poem?