Thursday, June 20, 2013

Aceldama

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”


Goodbye my friend


I’ll see you again



Got the news not long ago / the sad story how you had to go


At least that’s what you thought / as you closed your eyes and sought


The peace that passes human understanding / this fake world can be all too demanding



Rest your weary head


In the nail scarred hands


Lay your crown of thorns


At the Savior’s feet



Gun stuck up to your head / after that your body bled


No way out except eternity’s door / your last thought as your head hit the floor


Times together now seem like a waste / this rancid bitterness I can taste



Rest your weary head


In the nail scarred hands


Lay your crown of thorns


At the Savior’s feet



Always was your very best friend / forever and ever, even to the end


Will I ever be whole again / fare thee well, goodbye my friend


Troubled soul dead by the gun / now at peace, at one with the Son



Rest your weary head


In the nail scarred hands


Lay your crown of thorns


At the Savior’s feet


Goodbye…



Daily Question: How can you relate to the poem?