Hebrews 12:14 (NLT)
Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
1 Peter 1:13-16 (NLT)
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
Holy people “know better.”
“You know better!”
How many times growing up did you hear your parents say this? For me, it was often and it was never code words for, “You’re being a good boy.” As a matter of fact, when I hear the statement, I cringe. But praise God He is changing that in my life.
When HE tells me that I know better, it is a good thing.
When HE tells me I know better, I take great joy in it.
It not only guides me as I attempt to live out the Great Commission. It also gives me a blessed assurance that the Holy Spirit is in my heart guiding my steps.
If you’ve given your life to Christ, you know what I’m talking about. We call it that still, soft voice. A whisper. Sometimes it is. But sometimes it’s like God has a bullhorn and is revealing a truth to you so loudly and so clearly that not only do you hear it but you can’t deny or ignore it! That, my friends, is the Holy Spirit working in your life. This is a good thing!
I want to encourage you today. The fact that you hear that Voice and are guided by that Voice tells you that you are indeed a child of the Most High God! He is changing you and molding you every time you hear it! Take joy in this! Most of all, be careful to not ignore it.
The Bible tells us in the scripture above that “those who are not holy will not see the Lord.” God uses the Holy Spirit in our lives to make us holy. He changes us from the inside out. He creates us anew and gives us the blessed wisdom to “know better.” He makes us holy so that we can see Him in this wretched world!
Thank God for that today!
Holy people “know better.”