This week’s topic- Poetry
Luke 23:39-43 (NLT)
One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”
But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”
And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
“Will this awful pain subside,
Once a small thorn in my side,
Sometimes wish for suicide,
Everything in this world I tried.
It rips me apart, tears me in two,
Cry to You asking what to do,
Soul all shades of black and blue,
Innocence gone, now guilt is my view.
Seeing You on the cross hanging there,
Bleeding, broken, gasping for air,
My heart breaks, feel a tear,
Should have been me dying there.
Please don’t ask and I won’t tell,
Of the torment I call my hell,
So angry that I want to yell,
This is how it was when I first fell.
How long will this hate remain,
See new life come in the rain,
Courage to fight through the strain,
To live is Christ, to die gain.
This struggle I continue to fight,
Grab on, dig in, and hold on tight,
At the end of every storm, a light,
I hope mine shines soon and bright.
Please hear this sinner’s plea,
Break the chains, set me free,
All I ask is You forgive me,
Cover me with Your grace and purity.”
Daily Question: How can you relate to the poem?