Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In His Presence

Revelation 5:12-13 (NLT)

And they sang in a mighty chorus:


“Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered—
    to receive power and riches
and wisdom and strength
    and honor and glory and blessing.”


And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:


“Blessing and honor and glory and power
    belong to the one sitting on the throne
    and to the Lamb forever and ever.”


 

Humbly bow my head in silent prayer


Knowing somehow You’re always there


Fall before You a broken man


You alone my God can understand


Deeply regret my lost innocence


Forgotten now, in Your presence


A desperate search, a calling brings


Nothing more than this song I sing


 


And I praise Your name



Until Your Spirit falls down over me


And I praise Your name


Until You Spirit falls all over me


 


Choosing now this day to stand


Always striving, through you I can


Deny myself, take up my cross


All I am, I consider loss


Tears of joy stream down my face


 


What once was lost, now found in your grace


Now with hope, love, and empathy


Forever I’m Yours Lord, forever I will be free


 


And I praise Your name


Until Your Spirit falls down over me


And I praise Your name


Until Your Spirit falls all over me


 


Hear me as I cry out to You


See me as I look up to You


Touch me as I reach out to You


Fill me as I bow before You


 

Daily Question: How can you relate to the poem?