What once seemed a dim glimmer in the distant future is now upon us. We’ve reached the end of a three month journey through the Back to the Basics series. To the few who’ve remained faithful, I say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” (Won’t sound as sweet as when Jesus says it later, but you get the jest, I’m proud of you.) Here are a handful of questions to conclude:
1. How has Jesus changed you during the course of the Back to the Basics series? Be specific.
2. Which part of the vision do you struggle with the most? What can you do about this?
3. If you signed the commitment card, are you continuing to be part of the “solution”? Continuing to live out the vision?
4. Who can you share all of the things you’ve learned through the series with?
5. Take a moment to thank God for his working through this series. Then, at the next opportunity you have, thank John for his courageousness and effort in bringing all this to our attention. And, while you’re at it, thank the wiser and wittier Jason for his devotion (no pun intended) in taking the writing and getting it posted on the website.
Author’s Note: Today the torch of the LifeTogether devotions will be passed to my fellow scribe in the Refugee Writers Collective (you know and love him as the wiser and wittier Jason). Like any Jesus Freak, I have offered you what I have, what I’ve been given. And its now my time to step back and drink deeply of the water so that I may be refilled. Come full circle once again. Press on...