Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Closing Word on Reaching Out

Mark 9:37 (NLT)

Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.

To close part three of the vision, John mentioned a song by the band Caedmon’s Call that had a profound impact on him and the way he perceived the least, lost, and broken. I will share my space with them today. And, on a side note, I have included my own musical inspirations when it comes to the least, lost, and broken (Leeland and Brandon Heath).

P.S. Perhaps the wiser and wittier Jason can use his magical technology and put a link to these songs so we can listen to (or purchase) them as well. We’ll call it the Refugee Soundtrack to Reaching the Least, Lost, and Broken.

Caedmon’s Call - This World

And the least of these, look like criminals to me, so I leave Christ on the street, this world has held my hand, and has led me into intolerance, but now I’m waking up, and now I’m breaking up, but now I’m making up, for lost time











Leeland - Follow You

And I’ll follow you into the homes that are broken, follow you into the world, meet the needs for the poor and the needy God, follow you into the world











Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes

Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I keep missing, give me your love for humanity, give me your arms for the broken hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach, give me your heart for the ones forgotten, give me your eyes so I can see